Although the use of a driving simulator in driver training has a great deal of advantages for the trainee, forcing instructors often wait to use a single. Students sometimes prefer to start their training in a real car and think of a simulation as a game. Yet, a driving simulator is definitely not a game: you learn the skills you want to drive a vehicle safely.
Read More Information Here Driver Safety
In a fantastic simulator, the emphasis is on traffic involvement, traffic rules, and dealing with traffic in realistic traffic scenarios, rather than exclusively on vehicle control. And these are just the skills which are the toughest to learn in a student car. A Fantastic driving simulator has the following properties:
· Skills are trained in a way that avoids mental overload in the trainee. The practice focusses on automation of driving jobs, such as gear changing, lane changing, steering processes, scanning when approaching an intersection, negotiating roundabouts, entering a street, overtaking, etc..
· A large number of people situations are practiced in a quick time period, allowing the trainee to get sufficient driving experience. In a simulation, specific abilities can be trained quite efficiently. For example, in one hour of time, the trainee could drive in a virtual world and experience a lot more intersections than during forcing in a student vehicle in the actual world. While each junction is approached, visual scanning, use of signal and equipment, speed controller, and priority rules could be trained and assessed very efficiently. Deficiency of driving experience in related traffic situations is among the most essential facets in driver training and is a significant determinant of driver safety.
· During a typical lesson in a learner automobile, the instructor has little control over educational traffic situations: these occur more of less arbitrary. Throughout course in a simulation, the instructive situations lead to well-timed learning moments with a high training value, and guaranteed to happen. A simulator lesson has a guaranteed effectiveness for many trainees.
· A good simulator includes a 'virtual instructor', that assesses the behavior of the trainee continuously. It offers immediate feedback whenever the trainee commits a mistake. This quick and systematic feedback results in faster learning of mistakes.
· In a simulator, the pupils learn how to drive in a secure environment without anxiety. The consequences of an error are less serious as in the actual world. Many people today learn faster and better when they are feeling safe and relaxed.
A research in the US clearly demonstrated that learning to drive in a simulation has favorable impacts on traffic safety. The accident rate of students trained in a simulator fell to 34 percent of the national average in the two years following the training. This amounts to a decrease of 66 percent in the amount of accidents in young motorists.
If you're searching for a driving school, students are recommended to see which one has a simulator. You will learn how to drive better and it might very well be cheaper also.